The publish Catching up with Mike Williams, Senior Partner, Senior Consultant, Gaining Edge and AIMEbassador 2023. appeared first on TD (Travel Daily Media) Travel Daily.
AIME 2023 (13 -15 February) will host 400 consumers and 2,000 customer consumers from world wide, spanning trade sectors. AIME guests will increase their data, join with the enterprise occasions group, discover inspiration on the present ground and most significantly do enterprise. As Australia’s second largest metropolis, Melbourne is the gateway to Victoria’s world-class wineries, pure springs, untouched peninsulas, spectacular shoreline and alpine villages.
AIME 2023 can be a celebration of the present’s 30-year legacy with new options, occasions, programming and extra to be introduced. With lower than 8 weeks to the occasion, Mike Williams, Senior Partner, Senior Consultant, Gaining Edge and 2023 AIMEbassador answered a few of our questions.
What’s some of the memorable occasions you could have attended and what made it so?
The BestCities Global Alliance was launched at AIME in 2000. At the media convention, every metropolis consultant wore a sports activities jersey from their hometown – some signed by gamers. At the top of the convention, we gave away the jerseys to the media at which level they had been frenetic as we – the BestCities companions – did a half “Full Monty” (jerseys solely) for the prize winners. It was one of many livelier media conferences on the time!
Who are your strongest influences within the trade proper now?
I look to our trade associations (ICCA, UFI, UIA, IAPCO, PCMA, MEA, PCOA, BECA) to unite us and advocate to international governments on our behalf. They are the platforms by way of which our trade can collaborate to each discover sustainable options to right this moment’s challenges and to interrupt down geographical, political and sectorial limitations. There is far to realize by way of higher trade collaboration.
What are your prime ideas for networking?
- Show a real curiosity within the particular person you might be assembly with.
- Break away out of your regular social group and make an effort to satisfy new folks.
- Set your self a goal of who you need to meet and what you need to study and get out of a networking occasion.
- Ask a colleague to introduce you to folks they know and that you simply wish to meet.
- Do some analysis and search out folks which will have a standard curiosity.
What do you assume is the most important problem dealing with the trade?
Skills shortages, provide chain disruption, huge will increase in journey prices (particularly air) and lodging, and compression the place provides can’t maintain up with pent up demand.
What are your predictions for the trade for the subsequent 3-5 years?
- A return to some normalisation in a publish pandemic world
- A greater integration of nose to nose and digital conferences
- Sustainable practices change into the norm relatively than a token effort
- An trade that embraces DEI
What are 2-3 belongings you would advise somebody to do who’s attending AIME for the primary time?
- Take benefit of any academic alternatives on find out how to maximise participation offered by the commerce present organiser.
- Promote the very fact that you’re a first-time exhibitor and a brand new product providing. Leverage media alternatives.
- Talk to and study out of your trade friends which have participated earlier than.
Network, community, community.
or extra particulars:
- LinkedIn – AIME
The publish Catching up with Mike Williams, Senior Partner, Senior Consultant, Gaining Edge and AIMEbassador 2023. appeared first on Travel Daily.